Sandusky Sailing Club has been working tirelessly to ensure that this years SSC One Design Regatta on June 9-10 is a huge success. Here are some additional items that have been secured for the event.
* Two separate race courses (Thistles and Interlakes) and Race Committee boats – which will ensure efficient racing, and no waiting for other classes to finish between races
* SSC spent $250,000 last year on our new boat park area/harbor wall - we have three hoists and a ramp to quickly launch boats
* Saturday will feature a BBQ dinner with all of the trimmings + dessert and our world famous bar will be open
* Each team that registers will receive one free dinner ticket (please pre-register if possible to help us with food numbers)
* Early bird discounted on-line registration until June 7th at sanduskysailingclub.org - Registration will also be available on Saturday morning
* The replica of Interlake #1 which has been in the works for many years will be launched on Saturday night! The boat will also be on display. ”Norm” as she is appropriately named after PC Norm Winkle has been a labor of love by many, and the group is looking forward to launching her on Saturday night followed by a short presentation. This is a must see!
* During the launching of the replica of Interlake #1 on Saturday night – Premier Rigging will sponsor a keg (free beer)
* Pre-nationals boat measuring & weighing will take place at the event
* Top three places will receive beautiful Interlake half hull replicas on mahogany plaques. We can’t thank those who made these trophies possible enough. They look incredible.
* Trophies will also be awarded to crews
* Camping is available at the club
Please join us for our regatta on June 9-10. We look forward to seeing you!
PS: Here is the Notice of Race